Wednesday 22 February 2012

003. Red Heart - I Can, I Do!


I Can, I Do!

My name is Sapphire, and my hobby is dancing.

This holiday, my friend Rei asked me to accompany him to dance. But he said, I don’t need to wearing anything fancy to go on that dance. All I need, is just skills of dancing, he said.

He brought me to a Game Center, which is the largest game center in this town. I confused, and asked him, 
“why we are going there? Are we gonna dancing at here or what?”

Rei smiled to me and said, “Yes, All I want is dance together with me at ‘Pump It Up’ dance.”
“Pump It Up dance!? So that you have brought me here? Hey gimme a break. I cannot dance in that simulator or something like that, you know that!”
“Yeah, You can said that,” Rei laughed and go to the cashier to recharge his playing ticket.

After done with bussiness, Rei went back to me and take my hand, taking me to the ‘Pump It Up’ simulator, and he released my hand.
“Ókay, now watch me dance, and next, I will challenge you in double.”
“Hey, but I cannot…”
“There is anything that humans cannot do. Just try, and you will get it!”

Rei slashing the ticket, and standing at that simulator’s board. With his style of changing the song, I believe that he is experiencing that before. I am nervous. I think, if I am dancing at there, I cannot facing many people at the game center, and there are many people watching Rei now. I am a little bit shy! I shake my head hardly, and watch Rei dancing with his favourite song, “Beethoven Virus”.

Amazing! He is dancing with his eyes closed, and also he is using his hand to tapping the board, as he is like a modern dancer who is dancing on the stage. He is jumping, tapping his feet like hip-hop dancer, and also, he looked at me with his wide smile, as he will asking me for challenge him. I look around, seems like the people around him is satisfied with looking a senior dancer at the stage of the game, until he finished dancing, the peoples around him are clapping their hands, so did me.

“Wow! How can you doing it?” I asked.
“Simple. Just more practise everyday.”
“Everyday?”

Rei pulled my hands into the stage,and slashing another ticket there.
“Now, dance with me.”
“He… hey, but…”
“Don’t worry. Seems you are newbie at this Pump, eh? Well, you cannot said that you are a dancer if you cannot dance at this game.”

Rei step at my board and setting the “mode” of the game. And he leave it, asking me for steady meanwhhile he is choosing a song, the one called “Déjà vu” song.
“This song is quite easy and impressive. If you want, you can try it. Let’s go.”

Rei were stepping the “start” board and I got panic.
“Hey, I am not ready yet~!”

Rei laughed at me, and then he turned to the monitor. 

Fine, the arrows is coming! And I don’t know how to step them! Everytime I tried to step, I always feel that I will fall from that board. Sometimes I screamed because I cannot even beat an arrow. Until the music is done, I sat down at the board.
“Hey, What’s up?”
“I… I cannot…”

Rei silenced a bit and looking at me.
“Don’t worry, I once being like you, cannot step anything. But just try it more and more! You can do it after several times playing. Don’t worry, I will not laughing at you or mocking you. And yourself… Use your dance skill to facing these arrows.”

Rei encouraged me. I tried to stand up and let Rei choose a sound again. Rei choosed “Valenti” song, and again, we start another song. And aaaargh!! Again, I cannot stepping well at these arrows! And few steps to finished the song, I slipped out from the board and falling down. It feels hurt a bit, but the one which makes me shy a lot is, the people were laughing at me! I hide my face with both my hands, and started to cry.
Rei were looked at me, and then he take my hands, made them away from my face.
“Are you okay…?”

I shake my head slowly. 
“I am sorry. I should not insist you like that…”
“That is not your fault, Rei… I am the one who cannot dancing well…”
“There are no people who cannot do anything. They are always keep in their mind that they cannot do it. If you are thinking so, then forever you cannot do it. Just throw it all! Throw all your feelings! Shy, sad, or nervous… throw them all, and try to dance with your own style. I believe, you can do it well!”
“but…”
“there are no buts, Sapphire. You are a dancer, and this is your test. And I believe, you can do it. And also, if you can do them, I will always asking you to accompany me everytime I wanna dancing here. Just try a little bit for me, okay?”

I nodded my head slowly, and Rei cleaned my tears up, and clap my shoulder.
“Believe that you can do it.”
Rei started to choosing a hard-mode song, “Essa Maneira”, a classic latinese dance. I started to stand up and focus to my mind thinking, that I am a dancer, and I can do it well.

The song is starting now, and I started to make my move that I usually do when I am dancing at the stage with him these several weeks ago. I tried to throw away all of my shyness and something that bother me, and keep focus on my reflect to my body, following the arrow’s rythms, and guess what? At the score board, I get an “S” score! Wow! I don’t believe that I can do it! I hugged Rei with happiness.
“That’s what I said before, you can do it easily, right? I belive it because you are a type who can learn anything fast.”

I nodded my head and smiling at him.
“yeah, thank you, Rei… You always giving courage to me, not only in this game, but also, everything…”
“That’s nothing, Sapphire. At least, I can be your guide for everything.”

Rei smiled at me, and I released away my hug. And the peoples around us are clapping their hands, supported me too.
“Well, shall we try another song?” I asked.
“Off course! Let’s dance until sunset, shall we?”
“Fine, let’s do it!”

We dance happily until sunset, and Rei took me home.
“Hey, Sapphire. I wonder if you will dance with me again sometime at there?”
“Off course, why not?” I replied.
“Thanks a lot… well… see ya. Have a good rest.”
“anytime, Rei, and you too…”

Since that day, I always accompany Rei to dance. And I begin to think that it’s interesting at all, by dancing with him almost everytime…

I began to throw away and avoid to thinking that I cannot do something that I am not yet trying something before. Anything can do with trying, isn’t it?


By : Chandry Wartono
Nov 11 / 2011

No comments: